- Workshops & Courses
- Course Categories:
- Workshop Schedule
- SEI Solar Professionals Certificate Program
- Online Training
- Solar Training - Electric
- Solar Training - Hands-On Labs
- Solar Training - Thermal
- Micro Hydro Training
- Wind Training
- K-12 Professional Development
- Continuing Education Courses
- International Rural Development
- Cursos en español
- Academia De Profesionales Solares
- More Information:
- NABCEP Certification
- Alumni & Career Center
- Textbooks & Curriculum Licensing
- Work-Trade Program
- Downloadable Magazine
- Business Services
- Outreach Programs
- Solar in the Schools
- International Program
- Native American Program
- SEI Veterans & Active Duty Military Program
- Heather Andrews Scholarship/ Women's Program
- Walt Ratterman Scholarship Fund
- SEI Alumni and Friends Association
- Outreach Donors & Partners
- SEI Bookstore
- About SEI
- Contact Us
APSA News and Announcements
The Academia de Profesionales Solares de las Americas (APSA) is a Project of Solar Energy International (SEI), funded by the Energy & Climate Partnership of the Americas through the United States State Department. APSA trained 50 people, representing countries and communities throughout Central America and Mexico to design, install, and maintain solar PV energy systems and to successfully launch and administer businesses in this critically important industry.
Students accepted in to the program participated in SEI’s Spanish PV online courses, which covered Grid-tied and Battery-based PV education. After completion of the online courses, the students complted a 6-day hands-on PV workshop at the Earth University- La Flor in Liberia, Costa Rica.
As part of the APSA program SEI conducted three webinars to APSA students as well as decision makers, media, businesses, and those generally interested in the subjects of solar electricity and renewable energy in the Central America and Mexico.
To view archived recordings of the three webinars refer to the following list.
Session #1: Energy & Climate Partnership of the Americas (ECPA) and the Academia de Profesionales Solares de las Americas: Bringing clean and environmentally-sustainable energy policies and projects to the Americas.
• Juan-Cruz Monticelli, Senior Energy Specialist, Organization of American States
• Brad Burkhartzmeyer, technical Training Manager Academia de Profesionales Solares de las Americas
Session #2: Solar Energy Business Models that successfully bring solar energy to people throughout Central America and Mexico.
• Sebastian Africano, International Director Trees Water and People, director Técnico de Green Empowerment
• Danny Stokley, Green Technology Director Global Partnerships
• Carla Estrada and Douglas Gonzalez, Power to the People
Session #3: Clean Energy Applications for the Americas (non-solar): Wind power, micro-hydro power, and biogas.
• Michel Maupoux, Technical Director Green Empowerment
• Alex Eaton, CEO/ Director General Sistema Biobolsa
• Mathias Craig, Executive Director blueEnergy and Co-founder WindEmpowerment
*Note: The WebEx ARF player is required to playback the recording. Download ARF player
Lea las últimas noticias sobre la Academia de Profesionales Solares de las Américas
- June Press Release: Solar Energy International Expands PV program to the Americas
- July 12, 2013: Solar Energy International Presents a FREE Webinar Series