what you will learn
- Discuss preventative and reactive maintenance plans and activities.
- Summarize safety procedures and PPE requirements for O&M technicians.
- Describe the field procedures required to evaluate the performance of PV systems.
- List appropriate requirements for meters, tools, and other equipment used in O&M activities.
- Define the theory, procedures, and processes behind insulation resistance testing, IV curve tracing, infrared cameras and thermal imaging, and other tools of the trade.
- Analyze test results to determine performance, compare baseline data, and pinpoint system issues.
- Describe inspection requirements for preventative maintenance inspections.
- Illustrate methods for locating and troubleshooting common PV array and system faults using appropriate methodologies and testing tools.
Click here for Computer & Software Requirements for online courses.
Prerequisites: Before participating in the PVOL350 course, students are required to complete PV101/PVOL101, an equivalent course from another organization, or demonstrate field experience and pass a placement quiz AND PV202/PVOL202 (or 2 years industry experience). Please contact [email protected] if you feel you are qualified to skip the prerequisites for PVOL350.
To view our in-person PV351L Tools and Techniques for Operation and Maintenance Lab Week, please click here.