- Workshops & Courses
- Course Categories:
- Workshop Schedule
- SEI Solar Professionals Certificate Program
- Online Training
- Solar Training - Electric
- Solar Training - Hands-On Labs
- Solar Training - Thermal
- Programa Hispano
- Cursos en español
- Micro Hydro Training
- Continuing Education Courses
- International Rural Development
- More Information:
- NABCEP Certification
- Workshop Policies
- Business Services
- Outreach Programs
- APSA News and Announcements
- Solar in the Schools
- International Program
- Native American Program
- SEI Veterans & Active Duty Military Program
- SEI Bookstore
- About SEI
- Contact Us
Durham Technical Community College
Orange County Campus
525 College Park Road
Hillsborough, NC 27278
A description of the Orange County Campus can be found here.
For more information about Hillsborough, North Carolina, click here.
Class will run approximately 8:00 am to 5:00 pm each day. Please plan to arrive at the classroom no later than 8:45 on the first day so that the instructors can check you into the class. There will be approximately an hour for lunch each day, in addition to a short morning and afternoon break.
Transportation and Travel:
Closest Airports: Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) is 30 minutes east of Hillsborough. For directions, click here. There is a shuttle service that will take you to and from the airport. Click here for a map with bus routes.
Rental Cars: For a list of rental car agencies, click here. SEI receives rental car discounts from Avis/Budget and Enterprise. Please contact us for further information to access these discounts.
- Hillsborough Circulator serves downtown Hillsborough and Orange County Campus. Click here for more details and a route schedule.
- The Orange County Campus is served by Chapel Hill Transit (#420) which runs buses daily from UNC Hospital Campus in Chapel Hill to the DTCC and back. Click here for more details.
- There are Greyhound Stations in Durham and Raleigh. Both stations are connected to the Triangle Transit system that can bring you to Hillsborough. For a transit map from the Durham Greyhound Station, located at 515 West Pettigrew Street, Durham, NC 27701 (Phone: 919-687-4800), click here. For a transit map from the Raleigh Greyhound Station, located at 314 West Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27603 (Phone: 919-834-8275), click here.
Train Stations: There are Amtrak Stations in both Durham and Raleigh. Both stations are connected to the Triangle Transit system that can bring you to Hillsborough. For a transit map from the Durham Amtrak Station, located at 601 West Main Street, Durham, NC 27701 (Phone: 919-956-7935), click here. For a transit map from the Raleigh Amtrak Station, located at 320 West Cabarrus Street, Raleigh, NC 27601 (Phone: 800-872-7245), click here.
Lodging: For a list of lodging options near the classroom, click here.
Food: For a list of restaurants near the classroom, click here.
Weather: For current weather in Hillsborough, click here.
Carpool Information: SEI encourages students traveling to workshops to consider carpooling with other workshop participants. SEI's Ride Share Board is a perfect way to communicate with other SEI students regarding ride sharing. Within 5 to 6 business days, you will receive information on how to log in to SEI's Online Alumni and Career Center, where you will be able to access the SEI Ride Share Board.
What to bring:
- Pen and pencil
- Paper for note taking
- A calculator (with trig functions for Advanced)
- Black, red, and green colored pencils for schematics