- Workshops & Courses
- Course Categories:
- Workshop Schedule
- SEI Solar Professionals Certificate Program
- Online Training
- Solar Training - Electric
- Solar Training - Hands-On Labs
- Solar Training - Thermal
- Micro Hydro Training
- Wind Training
- K-12 Professional Development
- Continuing Education Courses
- International Rural Development
- Cursos en español
- Academia De Profesionales Solares
- More Information:
- NABCEP Certification
- Alumni & Career Center
- Textbooks & Curriculum Licensing
- Work-Trade Program
- Workshops FAQ
- Downloadable Magazine
- Business Services
- Outreach Programs
- Solar in the Schools
- International Program
- Native American Program
- SEI Veterans & Active Duty Military Program
- Heather Andrews Scholarship/ Women's Program
- Walt Ratterman Scholarship Fund
- The SEI Education Fund - Support SEI
- Outreach Donors & Partners
- SEI Bookstore
- About SEI
- Contact Us
Solar Energy International is pleased to be offering our Micro-Hydro Design and Installation training in Ogden, UT. Due to the recent passage of HR 267 and HR678, the market for small hydro is so promising!
A bit of background about these bills. H.R. 267, the Hydropower Regulatory Efficiency Act, and H.R. 678, the Bureau of Reclamation Small Conduit Hydropower Development and Rural Jobs Act. These landmark bills unlock the potential for increased hydroelectric project development by reducing the regulatory burdens of permitting such projects. This is a huge victory for small hydropower systems because it cuts through the red tape that often held up the actual installation.
SEI is offering this class in Ogden, UT, home of Ken Gardner- world class micro-hydro installer and instructor. During this class, you’ll visit a variety of micro-hydro sites and have the opportunity to troubleshoot existing systems.
Weber State University
Room 240-Engineering Technology Building
Ogden, UT 84408-1802
For a detailed map of the campus, go to: http://www.weber.edu/wsuimages/WeberStateMap/ogdenmap_large.gif. To learn more about the beautiful town of Ogden, UT, go to: http://ogdencity.com/.
Parking: Parking is $2/ day and they can pick up a permit at the information booth, which is located between the traffic circles.
Transportation and Travel: Ogden is centrally located and easy to get to via public transportation.
· Salt Lake City International Airport: Ogden is 30 miles north of Salt Lake City, about a 40-minute drive from the Salt Lake City airport. There is public transportation available to Ogden. Visit Utah Transit Authority for more details.
· Ogden Airport- There are inexpensive Allegiant flights from Phoenix. You can book flights on the airport’s website. Ogden has a great public transportation system. The buses, taxis, Greyhound buses, and all kinds of shuttles meet at the Transit Center on Wall Avenue alongside the Union Pacific Railroad tracks just north of downtown's Union Station.
Driving: From the South:
If you are on Northbound 1-15, take exit 324 near Lagoon. Travel north on US-89 to Harrison Boulevard. Turn right (north) on Harrison Boulevard and go approximately 3 miles to 3950 South. Turn right (east) and follow directional signs.
From the North:
If you are on Southbound 1-15 take the 21st street exit. Continue east to Harrison Boulevard (approximately 4 miles). Turn right (south) on Harrison Boulevard for approximately 3 miles to 3850 South. Turn left (east) and follow directional signs.
Lodging: For a list of hotels near the campus, go to: http://www.weber.edu/WSUImages/careerservices/pdf_files/recommended_hotels.pdf. Don’t forget to ask for your Weber State University discount!
Food: There are many wonderful restaurants near the campus. For a listing of restaurants in Ogden, click here.
Weather: The weather in Ogden in October should be in the 60s during the day and then drop into the 30s at night. Come prepared for cold and rain as this class will involve outdoor hands-on exercises and tours.
Please bring the following to this workshop:
Pen and pencil
Paper for note taking
Rain gear and warm clothing. A pair of boots/shoes that can get muddy/wet.