- Workshops & Courses
- Course Categories:
- Workshop Schedule
- SEI Solar Professionals Certificate Program
- Online Training
- Solar Training - Electric
- Solar Training - Hands-On Labs
- Solar Training - Thermal
- Micro Hydro Training
- Wind Training
- K-12 Professional Development
- Continuing Education Courses
- International Rural Development
- Cursos en español
- Academia De Profesionales Solares
- More Information:
- NABCEP Certification
- Alumni & Career Center
- Textbooks & Curriculum Licensing
- Work-Trade Program
- Workshops FAQ
- Downloadable Magazine
- Business Services
- Outreach Programs
- Solar in the Schools
- International Program
- Native American Program
- SEI Veterans & Active Duty Military Program
- Heather Andrews Scholarship/ Women's Program
- Walt Ratterman Scholarship Fund
- The SEI Education Fund - Support SEI
- Outreach Donors & Partners
- SEI Bookstore
- About SEI
- Contact Us
The SEI Education Fund - Support SEI
Dear Friends of Solar Energy International (SEI):
As we come to the end of another great year of providing renewable energy education to the world, we would like to thank our supporters for your generous donations that have made it possible for our organization to continue our good works.
Many people who are just now discovering our organization's mission around renewable energy educational products and services are surprised to hear that SEI, the U.S. solar industry's leading technical training provider, is NOT a for-profit organization or major university. As a nonprofit organization we have the ability to provide unbiased technical training for those seeking careers in renewable energy and communities wanting to adopt clean energy.
As a nonprofit training organization, we are not beholden to any specific renewable energy product, manufacturer, or technology. This allows us to develop technical training programs, curriculum, and textbooks with a brand agnostic approach to educate our students in both industrialized and developing world countries with a focus on proven technology and safety. For-profit companies come and go, technologies change, but SEI remains strong and has been serving students for over 20 years.
This nonprofit status also allows us to use our resources to educate under-served populations like veterans, Native Americans, K12 schools, women, and people from developing world countries.
Solar Energy International's goal is to reach 13,000 people in 2013 with renewable energy (RE) education. We will do this through our in person and online trainings, Solar In the Schools, International program, Women's program, Veterans and Active Duty Military program, Native American program, and our free Introduction to Renewable Energy online course. SEI needs your support to reach 13,000 people again this year!
We have made donating to SEI easy: you can make your tax deductible donation online, print your receipt for taxes immediately and feel good about supporting an organization that makes an impact in so many ways:
Solar Energy International
- provides job training,
- conserves natural resources/ the environment,
- offers economic stability,
- provides a means to energy independence,
- is a means to sustainable international development.
We do it all!
Exciting donor news: you can make a smaller monthly donation that is easier on you and results in a bigger donation for us over the year. The donation can be set up to automatically come out of your account weekly, monthly, quarterly... you get the idea... and can continue on that way for as long, or as little, as you wish!
Consider the impacts of a recurring monthly donation for a year:
- $200/month would sponsor part of a training on a Native American Reservation. We would use this donation to buy the equipment needed for the hands-on installation which is integral to the training. We work with the community to choose an installation that benefits and improves the lives within the community.
- $85/month would provide a scholarship for an Veteran or other individual in need to take an in-person class
- $70/month would provide a Walt Ratterman Scholarship for a person in the developing world to take an online class
- $30/month would host 720 students (!!!) in the free online Introduction to Renewable Energy course which is moderated and available in its entirety in English and Spanish worldwide!
- $17/month would allow a classroom of kids to participate in a highly interactive (and fun!) Solar In the Schools presentation created to meet academic standards.