This Arizona Public Service (APS)-sponsored training is for solar installers that want to understand the latest technologies in photovoltaics and distributed energy resource-based (DER) grid ecosystems. Specifically tailored to the Arizona solar market, this training will help installers understand how customers can maximize savings when aligned with demand pricing. This innovative course will cover topics including: overview of grid challenges and opportunities for DERs, system configurations, demand shifting and load leveling, energy storage, multimode equipment, best practice sales strategies, demand pricing, and emerging technology. Installers who complete this training and meet all other program requirements will be able to participate in the APS Qualified Solar Sales & Installation certification program.
Only available to APS approved companies.
- If your company is not approved with APS, but is in Arizona’s service territory, go to aps.com/QSSI to learn what you must do to qualify. You must work with APS directly.
- If you register for this training package and are not an approved company, you will be canceled and refunded.
The training package ($940) includes the following:
- Diagnostic test ($45)– You will receive information on how to log in and take the diagnostic test online a few days before the online course starts on March 21st.
- Qualified Solar Sales & Installation (QSSI) Online course ($795)- Course dates are May 16-__ , 2016. Access the course at your own pace within the session dates. Must be completed by April 8th.
- Final Exam (in-person) ($100)- Choose from two date options, either
- dates TBD
- The exam will be administered at a location TBD in Phoenix, AZ
- Please bring the following testing materials: two #2 pencils, a non-programmable calculator, and ID.