- Workshops & Courses
- Course Categories:
- Workshop Schedule
- SEI Solar Professionals Certificate Program
- Online Training
- Solar Training - Electric
- Solar Training - Hands-On Labs
- Solar Training - Thermal
- Micro Hydro Training
- Wind Training
- K-12 Professional Development
- Continuing Education Courses
- International Rural Development
- Cursos en español
- Academia De Profesionales Solares
- More Information:
- NABCEP Certification
- Alumni & Career Center
- Textbooks & Curriculum Licensing
- Work-Trade Program
- Workshops FAQ
- Downloadable Magazine
- Business Services
- Outreach Programs
- Solar in the Schools
- International Program
- Native American Program
- SEI Veterans & Active Duty Military Program
- Heather Andrews Scholarship/ Women's Program
- Walt Ratterman Scholarship Fund
- The SEI Education Fund - Support SEI
- Outreach Donors & Partners
- SEI Bookstore
- About SEI
- Contact Us
Our friends at Cooler Planet have created this simple and easy-to-use solar calculator. SEI and Cooler Planet are working in partnership to support a transition to a more solar world.
Have you ever wondered what size solar PV system you need or how much it would cost? Use this solar energy calculator to estimate the cost and size of a solar array in your area.
Note: This should only be used as a rough estimate, and may not include any federal, state, or local solar incentives / rebates. Site specific factors may also influence designs that an online calculator can't necessarily determine. A solar installer would be able to provide you with a much more accurate estimate.
This calculator also gives rough estimates on how much carbon your current electricity usage contributes to greenhouse gas emissions.
Visit Cooler Planet
If you're interested in learning how to calculate system sizes with the utmost accuracy, please consider taking one of SEI's Solar Training workshops or online courses.