- Workshops & Courses
- Course Categories:
- Workshop Schedule
- SEI Solar Professionals Certificate Program
- Online Training
- Solar Training - Electric
- Solar Training - Hands-On Labs
- Solar Training - Thermal
- Micro Hydro Training
- Wind Training
- K-12 Professional Development
- Continuing Education Courses
- International Rural Development
- Cursos en español
- Academia De Profesionales Solares
- More Information:
- NABCEP Certification
- Alumni & Career Center
- Textbooks & Curriculum Licensing
- Work-Trade Program
- Workshops FAQ
- Downloadable Magazine
- Business Services
- Outreach Programs
- Solar in the Schools
- International Program
- Native American Program
- SEI Veterans & Active Duty Military Program
- Heather Andrews Scholarship/ Women's Program
- Walt Ratterman Scholarship Fund
- The SEI Education Fund - Support SEI
- Outreach Donors & Partners
- SEI Bookstore
- About SEI
- Contact Us
Walnut Creek, CA
Quick Mount PV
2700 Mitchell Dr., Bldg. 2
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Walnut Creek is an incorporated city located 16 miles east of the City of Oakland in Northern California. It lies in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area. Walnut Creek serves as the business and entertainment hub for the neighboring cities within central Contra Costa County, due in part to its location at the junction of the highways from Sacramento and San Jose (I-680) and San Francisco/Oakland (SR-24), as well as its accessibility by BART.
For a map of the area, click here:
Class will run from approximately 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day of class. Please plan to arrive at the classroom no later than 8:45 on the first day so that the instructors can check you into the class. Lunch will be from approximately 12:00-1:00 pm each day, in addition to a short morning and afternoon break.
· San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is approximately 40 miles from the classroom. Click here for directions.
· Oakland International Airport (OAK) is approximately 28 miles from the classroom. Click here for directions.
Rental Cars: For a list of rental car agencies at the San Francisco International Airport, click here
Train Station: The closest Amtrak station is in Oakland at 1720 Broadway. Take a look at this map.
Transportation around Walnut Creek:
The city hosts two BART stations, the Walnut Creek station and the Pleasant Hill station (in the unincorporated area known as Contra Costa Centre Transit Village and the census-designated area called Waldon), just north of the city limits, named for the neighboring city). BART provides regional access in and out of Walnut Creek to most of the Bay Area. The Pleasant Hill Station is closest to Quick Mount.
A free shuttle operates between the central district and Walnut Creek BART station. Other areas of Walnut Creek may be accessed at modest cost by using the buses of the Central Contra Costa Transit Authority.
· There are plenty of great restaurants within a few miles of the classroom for lunch, as well as dinner. For a list of restaurants in the immediate area, please click here
· Quick Mount is about 10 minutes from downtown Walnut Creek and many restaurants, however within a few miles you can find the following places to eat
· For weather in Walnut Creek, CA click on this weather.com link.
Please bring the following to the PV Workshop:
• Pen and pencil
• Paper for note taking
• A calculator