- Workshops & Courses
- Course Categories:
- Workshop Schedule
- SEI Solar Professionals Certificate Program
- Online Training
- Solar Training - Electric
- Solar Training - Hands-On Labs
- Solar Training - Thermal
- Micro Hydro Training
- Wind Training
- K-12 Professional Development
- Continuing Education Courses
- International Rural Development
- Cursos en español
- Academia De Profesionales Solares
- More Information:
- NABCEP Certification
- Alumni & Career Center
- Textbooks & Curriculum Licensing
- Work-Trade Program
- Workshops FAQ
- Downloadable Magazine
- Business Services
- Outreach Programs
- Solar in the Schools
- International Program
- Native American Program
- SEI Veterans & Active Duty Military Program
- Heather Andrews Scholarship/ Women's Program
- Walt Ratterman Scholarship Fund
- The SEI Education Fund - Support SEI
- Outreach Donors & Partners
- SEI Bookstore
- About SEI
- Contact Us
Q. Does SEI offer housing?
A. No - unfortunately neither of SEI's campuses offer housing at this time. All work-traders are required to find (and pay for) their own housing arrangements. If you are accepted into the program, we will send you a list of community members who offer to rent out rooms or apartments - usually at a discounted rate for SEI members. There is also camping possibilities, but remember, this is mountain country and nights (and days) can be cold in the spring and into the summer.
Q. Why is your program called a "Work-Trade" and not an "Internship"?
A. The title of Work-Trade better represents what we offer in that we try to match your existing skills to our need and in exchange we trade the cost of tuition for our workshops for your efforts. The term "Internship" implies that there will be on the job training. Even though all of our work traders learn heaps from taking workshops and from working with us, we need experienced people to help us get the tasks at hand done - hence the term, Work-Trade.
Q. Can I bring my dog?
A. Yes, but not to the office. We are very dog friendly here, but the problem is that we have a limited amount of space, and we are pretty maxed on the number of staff dogs in the office already. Please find other arrangements for your pets!!