- Workshops & Courses
- Course Categories:
- Workshop Schedule
- SEI Solar Professionals Certificate Program
- Online Training
- Solar Training - Electric
- Solar Training - Hands-On Labs
- Solar Training - Thermal
- Micro Hydro Training
- Wind Training
- K-12 Professional Development
- Continuing Education Courses
- International Rural Development
- Cursos en español
- Academia De Profesionales Solares
- More Information:
- NABCEP Certification
- Alumni & Career Center
- Textbooks & Curriculum Licensing
- Work-Trade Program
- Workshops FAQ
- Downloadable Magazine
- Business Services
- Outreach Programs
- Solar in the Schools
- International Program
- Native American Program
- SEI Veterans & Active Duty Military Program
- Heather Andrews Scholarship/ Women's Program
- Walt Ratterman Scholarship Fund
- The SEI Education Fund - Support SEI
- Outreach Donors & Partners
- SEI Bookstore
- About SEI
- Contact Us
Solar Training - Solar Electric Design and Installation (Grid-Direct) - Online
|Course ID: PVOL101||Status: Completed|
|Duration: 6 Week|
Start Date June 6, 2011
End Date: July 17, 2011
Details:Category: Solar Training (Electric)
Course Description: This online solar training course establishes fundamental concepts required for safe, code-compliant design and installation of photovoltaic (PV) systems, with a focus on residential-sized grid-direct solar electric systems. The goal of the course is to create a fundamental understanding of the core concepts necessary to work with all PV systems, including: system components, site analysis, PV module criteria, mounting solutions, safety, and commissioning.
Open Complete Workshop Description
The course will also cover the basics of sizing a residential grid-direct system, wire sizing, overcurrent protection, and grounding – all of which will be expanded upon in PV 202.
To view in person sessions of this workshop, click PV101.
PVOL101 online students receive 1 full year of FREE access to Home Power Magazine Online. You will receive your login in an email 1 to 2 weeks after your course starts.
Students who complete the PVOL101 online course will be able to perform the following:
Both our in-person and online PV101 Courses cover the same curriculum with varying levels of hands-on experience offered in our in-person sessions.
Course Materials: Solar Electric Handbook: Photovoltaic Fundamentals and Applications (Print and eBook Format). Materials and shipping cost are included in the price of tuition for this course. (*International students please see disclaimer below)
After successfully completing this course and PV203, PVOL203 or PV203 PREP, you are eligible to sit for the NABCEP Entry Level Exam. The NABCEP Entry Level Exam includes questions on grid-direct and battery-based PV systems. For information on NABCEP and signing up for the Entry Level Exam please click here. Also visit www.nabcep.org for more on their recommendations.
NABCEP Hours for Certification (per NABCEP)
The online version of PV 101 is a comprehensive six-week course that covers all of the material presented in the in-person workshop and listed in the description, without the hands-on experience. The course is co-taught by two instructors, ensuring prompt attention and encouraging interaction between students and the instructors.
Time Requirements: It will generally take between 10 - 20 hours per week to complete the course. However this is an average/estimate and will vary based on user's computer/internet connection and previous experience/understanding of the subject matter.
*For international shipping addresses, course materials will be mailed out by USPS International First Class. SEI is not responsible for confirming international delivery. If materials do not arrive and need to be reshipped, student may be responsible for additional shipping cost.
Recent Comments from the November 2012 PVOL101 session:
• I've taken many online courses over the years. SEI has done a tremendous job of putting this course together. There is a great mix of online content including the presentations and "additional reading" resources with the textbook which is an incredible reference. The pace of the course is brisk with several challenging topics. The ability to engage with other students and the instructors online is also very beneficial through the learning process.
Open Complete Workshop Description
Close Workshop Description
PVOL101: Solar Training - Solar Electric Design and Installation (Grid-Direct) - Online Workshop Sessions
* Click on the Date to view instructor and class details
|May 20-Jun 30||Online||$795.00||In Progress|
|Jul 1-Aug 11||Online||$795.00||Open||Register Now|
|Aug 19-Sep 29||Online||$795.00||Open||Register Now|
|Sep 16-Oct 27||Online||$795.00||Open||Register Now|
|Nov 4-Dec 15||Online||$795.00||Open||Register Now|