what you will learn
Students who complete the PV201L workshop will be able to:
- Perform power and energy calculations
- Obtain and apply specifications for PV modules and determine their performance given various environmental and operating conditions
- Safely operate various types of digital multimeters
- Diagram and determine the power, current, and voltage characteristics of PV modules in different series and parallel configurations
- Install various mounting systems (ground, pole, roof, and trackers).
- Decipher balance-of-system equipment specification sheets to determine the critical information needed for system design
- Install a residential grid-direct system including the array, inverter, circuit conductors, and overcurrent protection
- Safely operate equipment grounding, system grounding, and components and conductors used for grounding
Note: This class is a great complement to PV301L, the Solar Electric Lab Week (Battery-Based).
PREREQUISITE COURSES: Before participating in the PV201L course, students MUST complete PV101 or PVOL101 OR an equivalent course from another organization, have NABCEP certification, or demonstrate field experience and pass a placement quiz. Please contact [email protected] if you feel you are qualified to skip the prerequisite for PV201L.