what you will learn
- Multimode system configurations
- Load analysis and battery bank sizing
- PV array sizing
- Specifying multimode inverters
- Advanced multimode functions
- Code compliance, best practices, and installation considerations
- Charge controllers for multimode systems
- DC coupled multimode battery backup design example
- AC coupled system design considerations
- AC couples multimode batter backup design example
- Energy Storage Systems (ESS) overview
- ESS residential sizing example
- Commercial time of use/peak shaving design example
- Multimode system operating considerations
Note: SEI recommends working closely with a qualified person and/or taking PV 202 for more information on conductor sizing, electrical panel specification, and grounding systems. These topics will part of this course, but they are not the focus.
PREREQUISITE COURSES: Before participating in PV303, students MUST complete PV101 or PVOL101 AND PVOL203 or PV203, equivalent training from another organization, have NABCEP certification, or demonstrate field experience and pass two placement quizzes. Please contact [email protected] if you feel you are qualified to skip the prerequisite for PV303.
For online sessions of PV303 course please click here.