what you will learn
Students who complete the PV351 workshop will be able to:
- Determine use and analyze results from various test tools used during commissioning, performance evaluation, operations and maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Define the theory, procedures, and processes behind insulation resistance testing, IV curve tracing, infrared cameras and thermal imaging, performance evaluation, and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate proper set-up, use, and function of PV test tools including: IV curve tracers, insulation resistance testers, and thermal cameras
- Evaluate the performance of working systems using correct and complete field procedures
- Troubleshoot and locate common PV array and system faults using appropriate methodologies and testing tools
Check out the SEI Podcast Series regarding this training topic: Tools and Techniques for Solar PV Operations and Maintenance.
PREREQUISITE COURSES: Before participating in the PV351L course, students MUST complete PV101 or PVOL101, PV202 or PVOL202, and PV201L OR an equivalent course from another organization, have NABCEP certification, or demonstrate field experience and pass placement quizzes. Please contact [email protected] if you feel you are qualified to skip the prerequisite for PV351L.
To view sessions of our online Tools & Techniques for Operations and Maintenance training, click PVOL350.