- Workshops & Courses
- Course Categories:
- Workshop Schedule
- SEI Solar Professionals Certificate Program
- Online Training
- Solar Training - Electric
- Solar Training - Hands-On Labs
- Solar Training - Thermal
- Micro Hydro Training
- Continuing Education Courses
- International Rural Development
- Cursos en español
- More Information:
- NABCEP Certification
- Workshop Policies
- Business Services
- Outreach Programs
- APSA News and Announcements
- Solar in the Schools
- International Program
- Native American Program
- Walt Ratterman Scholarship Fund
- Heather Andrews Scholarship/ Women's Program
- SEI Veterans & Active Duty Military Program
- SEI Bookstore
- About SEI
- Contact Us
For over 20 years, SEI's Work-Trade Program has enabled people from around the world to hone their renewable energy technology skills and improve their capabilities while helping to strengthen and grow SEI. In fact, the majority of our current staff were once work-traders!
SEI offers its Work-Traders a credit equivalent to $15/ hour for each hour worked. You can trade up to 100% of the tuition of each class. We strive to have all of our work-traders complete their work portion before taking any workshops, so most work-traders work in the spring or early summer and then complete their workshops after that.
To be eligible to become an SEI work-trader you must:
1. Possess the skills for a position we seek to be filled. Remember, this is not an internship; it is a work-trade agreement in which we match our needs to your existing skills. Even so - you'll probably end up learning a lot just by working with us! Please review our Work-Trade Policies Document below for more information.
3. You must download an application and email it to our Work Trade Coordinator, Breccia Wilson (contact info listed below)
4. Provide the contact information for (2) references - past employers, supervisors, professors, etc. (no family members please).
5. Be available for a phone or in-person interview.
Desired applicants are highly self-motivated, consistently willing to take initiative, require very little supervision, and are comfortable working hard in non-traditional, fun, social, and serious work environments.
For Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Applications are being accepted on on-going basis (when position openings are actively posted). Once a position has been filled we will remove it from the website. Please sign up for SEI's e newsletter for the most up to date information on updates to our work-trade program and all of our great offerings, alumni, and renewable energy news.Please email email@example.com with any questions!
Current Work Trade Positions:
Work trader position Title: Summer workshop helper
Description This person will assist the Paonia office manager in taking care of students and staff during the busy summer months when hands-on lab classes are offered in Paonia. Duties include taking charge of student lounge (particularly the drink station), assisting with potlucks, helping students with use of solar ovens, running errands in town, help with recycling and composting, checking and cleaning bathrooms, data entry, mailing projects, making Records of Completion, etc. While not working directly with PV systems, this person will have a chance to converse with instructors and students and will be working in close proximity to SEI’s hands-on PV lab.
Dates This job will require more than one work-trader. Dates are mid-April to end of September 2014.
Length This person will work 8-4 Monday-Friday. Open to flexible hours, or even working less than 8 hours per day which would enable one to work another part-time job.
Lead Chris Smith
Executive Director Assistant
This position will assist the Executive Director with specific research projects. Projects include grant and foundation research relating to our capital campaign and other programmatic needs, industry research, and other projects as assigned. This position will involve a significant amount of computer work. Positions based on Paonia, Colorado, will also involve some land work as needed. Qualifications: exceptional research skills, ability to work independently on projects, grant experience is a plus.
This job will require more than one work-trader.
The following dates are available:
March- May, approximately 20-30 hours/ week, this position can be based remotely
September- December, approximately 20-30 hours/ week, this position can be based remotely
May- September, 40 hours/ week- based in Paonia, CO
Supervisor: Kathy Swartz, Executive Director
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!