For more than a decade, Solar Energy International has been the leader in solar energy textbooks and continues to be committed to providing up-to-date materials and innovative instructional technologies. In the spirit of this commitment to renewable energy education, SEI is pleased to offer multiple textbooks.
SEI’s Solar Electric Handbook: Photovoltaic Fundamentals and Applications is printed in full color with high resolution photos of real-world PV applications, informational graphs, and interviews with professionals throughout the industry. SEI’s textbooks set a new standard for renewable energy training programs all over the U.S. and internationally.
Learning Technologies – Textbook / eBook Bundle!
In partnership with Pearson Education, SEI has created an innovative learning resource that takes the concept of the common textbook to the next level by offering a companion interactive eBook with the purchase of every textbook. Mobile learning and technical reference for renewable energy professionals who are on a job site, on-the-go, and always connected.
The eBook version of SEI’s Solar Electric Handbook: Photovoltaic Fundamentals and Applications leverages the power of new instructional technologies for the 21st century solar professional by offering access from any PC, Mac, iPad, or Android Tablet with full-text search capabilities, highlights, notes, bookmarks, support for multimedia content, glossaries, and many other exciting features! PC and Mac users will access the eBook from the Pearson eText portal. Mobile users will be able to download the App and enter the Pearson eText Access Card that comes with your SEI Textbook!
Solar Electric Handbook: Photovoltaic Fundamentals and Applications Unit / Chapter Outline
- Unit 1 – Overview of Renewable Energy and the Solar Industry
- Chapter 1 – The Case for Renewable Energy
- Chapter 2 – An Overview of Photovoltaics and the Solar Industry
- Unit 2 – Electricity and Components
- Chapter 3 – Basics of Electricity
- Chapter 4 – Components
- Unit 3 – Modules, Series and Parallel, and Meters
- Chapter 5 – Photovoltaic (PV) Modules
- Chapter 6 – Series and Parallel Connections with Modules
- Chapter 7 – Testing Modules with a Multimeter
- Unit 4 – Solar Site Analysis and Mounting
- Chapter 8 – Solar Site Analysis
- Chapter 9 – Mounting
- Chapter 10 – Roofing Systems
- Unit 5 – Grid-Direct System Sizing
- Chapter 11 – Implementing Efficiency
- Chapter 12 – Grid-Direct Inverters
- Chapter 13 – System Sizing
- Unit 6 – Grounding, Wiring, and Overcurrent Protection
- Chapter 14 – Grounding
- Chapter 15 – Wiring
- Chapter 16 – Disconnects, Overcurrent Protection, and Series Fusing
- Chapter 17 – Basics of Service Panel Connections
- Unit 7 – Safely Installing, Commissioning, and Decommissioning Grid-Direct Systems
- Chapter 18 – Jobsite Safety
- Chapter 19 – Safe Procedures for Installation and Commissioning
- Unit 8 – Battery-Based Systems
- Chapter 20 – Introduction to Battery-Based Systems
- Chapter 21 – Sizing Battery-Based Systems
- Unit 9 – Solar Business and Finance
- Chapter 22 – Entering the PV Industry
- Chapter 23 – Marketing and Sales for Solar Integration Businesses
- Chapter 24 – Electricity Rates, Savings, and Incentive Structures
- Chapter 25 – Financial Benefit Analysis and Financing Options