Solar Energy International (SEI) is excited to announce a new scholarship opportunity provided by the Kenneth King Foundation.
Established in 1990, the Kenneth King Foundation is a private, grantmaking organization. Located in Denver, Colorado, the Foundation’s mission is to perpetuate and expand the humanitarian principles developed by their late founder Kenneth King. Today, they support organizations that provide basic needs, create jobs, and foster entrepreneurship.
This scholarship will provide 100% tuition to 4 English speaking students for SEI’s PV101 Solar Electric Design and Installation (Grid-Direct) and PV201L Solar Electric Lab Week (Grid-Direct). Each class is one week long and will be taught at the SEI campus in Paonia CO.
As part of this scholarship, students’ expenses will be covered, including a $600 stipend, $500 for lodging, $715 towards daily expenses, and $275 for travel expenses to the SEI campus. Furthermore, recipients of the Kenneth King scholarship will be provided job and resume counseling by SEI Student Services.
• Apply before June 1st, 2020
• Be in an underserved demographic (low income, under-employed, previously incarcerated, previously homeless…)
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Be a legal resident of the state of Colorado
• Sign up for and pass SEI’s free RE100 class
• Complete scholarship essay
• Be able to relocate to Paonia CO for 2 weeks
• Agree to share periodic progress reports and photo which may be used for marketing purposes