Solar Energy International (SEI) is excited to announce a new scholarship opportunity provided by the Kenneth King Foundation.
Established in 1990, the Kenneth King Foundation is a private, grantmaking organization. Located in Denver, Colorado, the Foundation’s mission is to perpetuate and expand the humanitarian principles developed by their late founder Kenneth King. Today, they support organizations that provide basic needs, create jobs, and foster entrepreneurship.
The Kenneth King Scholarship Fund is designed in partnership between Solar Energy International and the Kenneth King Foundation with support from Grid Alternatives Colorado to provide undeserved Coloradans scholarships for solar skills job training, as well as performance stipends and support services to reduce the financial burden of pursuing career training, incentivize engaged participation, and support job placement of successful participants.
- 14 Coloradans will be eligible to receive 100% scholarship assistance, career resources, professional development, and job placement support between September 1, 2020 and March 31, 2020.
- 14 participants will be eligible to complete SEI’s introductory solar course online, PV/FVOL101: Solar Electric Design and Installation (Grid-direct) in English or Spanish, and SEI’s safety course online, CE523: Residential/Commercial Roof-Mounted PV Installation Safety in English.
- Of the 14 participants selected, 8 participants will be eligible to complete an even more robust training package, SEI’s introductory course suite, including PV/FVOL101: Solar Electric Design and Installation (Grid-direct), PV/FV203: PV System Fundamentals (battery-based), and CE523: Residential/Commercial Roof-Mounted PV Installation Safety, as well as sit for the NABCEP Associates Exam.
Participants will also be awarded stipends upon successfully completing training by meeting the following milestones:
- Successfully complete PV/FVOL101: Solar Electric Design and Installation (Grid-direct) with passing grade of 70% or higher: awarded $250 completion stipend
- Successfully complete PV/FV203: PV System Fundamentals (battery-based) with passing grade of 70% or higher: awarded $250 completion stipend
- Sit for NABCEP Associates exam: awarded $100 completion stipend
The Kenneth King Scholarship Fund is designed specifically to serve Coloradans. Eligible participants include Colorado residents who:
- Are located in the Denver Metro area.
- Are on the verge of, formerly or currently homeless, unemployed, previously incarcerated, immigrants, refugees, single parents, low-income families, justice involved individuals, and or people with disabilities.
- 18 years of age or older
- A legal resident of the state of Colorado
- Complete scholarship application
- Agree to share a minimum of 2 updates and photos which may be used for marketing purposes