what you will learn
This design-based course includes detailed system sizing calculations, equipment specifications, and metering choices for all types of stand-alone PV systems operating independently of the utility grid. Extremely detailed design examples range from small-scale systems – like DC lighting – to larger residential-scale systems utilizing battery-based inverters. Learn how to specify and integrate generators into PV systems, how to maintain battery banks, and how design PV-powered water pumping systems. This course is ideal for solar professionals planning to design, install, and maintain off-grid battery-based PV systems of any variety and size.
- Charge controller and array sizing considerations
- Designing and installing DC-only PV systems
- RV (mobile) applications
- Stand-alone DC lighting
- Rural health clinic (Africa)
- Battery maintenance and troubleshooting
- Specifying battery-based inverters
- Specifying generators
- Stand-alone residential system case study including full design guide, equipment specifications, generator integration, and monitoring.
- Stand-alone system maintenance and commissioning
- PV-powered water pumping system design
Click here for Computer & Software Requirements for online courses.
Prerequisites: PV 101 or PVOL101 AND PV203 PREP or PVOL203 or PV203