what you will learn
- Multimode system configurations
- Load analysis and battery bank sizing
- PV array sizing
- Specifying multimode inverters
- Advanced multimode functions
- Code compliance, best practices, and installation considerations
- Charge controllers for multimode systems
- DC coupled multimode battery backup design example
- AC coupled system design considerations
- AC coupled multimode battery backup design example
- Energy Storage Systems (ESS) overview
- ESS residential sizing example
- Large-scale multimode system design and use cases
Note: SEI recommends working closely with a qualified person and/or taking PV 202 for more information on conductor sizing, electrical panel specification, and grounding systems. These topics will part of this course, but they are not the focus.
Check out the SEI Podcast Series regarding this training topic: Meet Our Team / Advanced PV Multimode and Microgrid Design
Click here for Computer & Software Requirements for online courses.
PREREQUISITE COURSES: Before participating in PVOL303, students MUST complete PV101 or PVOL101 AND PVOL203 or PV203, equivalent training from another organization, have NABCEP certification, or demonstrate field experience and pass two placement quizzes. Please contact [email protected] if you feel you are qualified to skip the prerequisite for PVOL303.